Warm Spiced-Pumpkin Skin Smoother
The pumpkin included in this scrumptious face & body masque contains natural enzymes which exfoliate, soften and smooth the skin. The spices help to increase circulation and the honey provides added moisture. Enjoy!
1 small pumpkin
1 cup yogurt
Juice from 1 lemon
1 Tbsp. honey
1/2 tsp. ginger (freshly grated, preferred)
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1. Cut the pumpkin, removing skin and scooping out pulp. Place the flesh in a pot with a small amount of water.
2. Cook the pumpkin until mashable with a potato masher.
3. Remove from heat, mash pumpkin, and add yogurt, lemon juice, honey and spices. Use while still warm.
1. Sit in the tub or shower and slather the warm pumpkin mixture all over your dry body and face. You may apply to your hair too, if you like. (Make sure hair is clean.)
2. Rest with the mixture on your body for 10 minutes.
3. Rinse off with warm water.
4. Pat the skin dry and follow with an application of your favorite body and face moisturizer. For hair after rinsing, follow with your favorite conditioner.
With 17 years in the spa industry, Mindy Terry is the Founder and President of Creative Spa Concepts. Terry is also a licensed cosmetologist, aesthetician, yoga instructor, and certified infant massage instructor.